SHRI KRISHNASWAMY GROUP OF SCHOOLS [SKGS] located in Chennai, founded in the year 1964 by Thiru Amarar. M.A. Krishnaswamy. With just a handful of 17 students started at Nungambakkam in the year 1964, the school has now 5 branches with the students strength of 5000 guided by the trained qualified teachers of 300. SKGS has completed 55 years in providing quality educational service to the people of Chennai. It is an coeducational institution follows the Matriculation system with the medium of instruction being English.
The school enjoys great reputation among schools in Chennai for its value based approach to education, caters to the needs of all strata of society. The school believes in the all round development of the child. The school focus on sustainable development, self–reliance and social empowerment. SKGS is committed to make a positive environment and focused towards gaining knowledge, health, sports for development, Arts, Culture and Heritage. Our mission is to impart value oriented quality education with emphasis on National integration to develop children as good human beings with well rounded personality and scientific approach.
Shri krishnaswamy Group of Schools provide education which delivers the values and virtues of healthy social living. As knowledge based society leads to a faster economic growth, our curriculum, activities and policies are designed to achieve the motto of “KNOWLEDGE IS POWER”.
- School strive to create an educational paradigm that relates academic excellence and all round development of Children by offering a fine blend of curricular and co curricular activities.
- Every child is unique in talent and given a delectable environment, creativity will blossom beyond imagination.
- Creating involvement in the class room, active participation in all activities supported by Pedagogical practices in widening the intellectual and creative capacity of every individual in our school atmosphere. A sustainable, positive school climate provides productive, contributing and satisfactory school life for the children.
- The School provide an enjoyable and enriching educational experience that inspires the learner to realize their fullest potential.
- Celebration of all religious festivals and National festivals as a mark of respect to Indian Culture and Heritage along with human values, enable the students to contribute to the society.
- Our teaching methodology is to reflect the revolutionary advancements to reconstruct the society. Digital learning tools and technology creates a love for learning.
- Play and recreation are prerequisites for effective learning. Sports and games are provided to boost their confidence, teach importance of team work and Socialisation .
- We create an environment that not only assures learning, but also pays special attention to the mental and physical well being of the students that relates to high achievement scores in their academics.
THEME BEHIND LOGO
- Sunrise in our school logo is a symbol of awakening, hope, the beginning of a new day and chance for happiness and improvement.
- Light symbolizes the knowledge, removal of darkness and ignorance. Knowledge is a lasting inner wealth by which all outer achievement can be accomplished.
- Books are symbols of learning and of knowledge. Open book represents the book of life and learning we look to the future.
- Pink Lotus in the logo symbolizes the purity and devotion. Knowledge should lead to Purity of body, speech and mind.Lotus flowers blossom on long stalks denotes the attachment and desire.
- The motto ”KNOWLEDGE IS POWER” means that knowledge is more powerful than physical strength and no great work can be done without knowledge.